Skip to main content

On Bridgerton Series: Is Lady Featherington a Good Mother?

 


      Photo source: Screen grabbed from Bridgerton Season 2/Netflix

 

Lady Portia Featherington is an iconic ambitious Ton momma. She is infamous to the Bridgerton fans because of her hard work in securing her daughters’ future through her ingenious schemes of putting them into a scandal with a bachelor she prefers. Lady Featherington is scared of a poor life that’s why she works harder to keep her family afloat after discovering that they are “broke” because of her husband’s gambling problems that even their daughters’ dowries were ventured away.

Every mother knows and wants the best for her children, especially for their daughter/s. Ton mommas indeed push for marrying off their daughters to a man with enormous wealth and good title. Lady Featherington is after the security of their status in their fashionable society.

So, is Lady Featherington a good momma?

 

Or I suppose, the question should be: Is Lady Featherington an ethical momma?

 

Okay, let’s face the fact that she resorts to plotting one of her daughter’s scandals by compromising a gentleman who can preserve their status through marriage, but isn’t it a bit evil? A mother may not be perfect, but she must be lesser evil. She has done these for their family.

Lady Featherington loves her daughters so much that she cannot afford to see them a spinster in their lifetime. Their society is unkind to unmarried women especially if from an unprivileged class. As a mother, she needs to ensure that her daughters are well-married. Her daughters are her treasure as she had always looked after them.

Lady Featherington is one of the surprising characters in the second season of Bridgerton. The decision she took for her daughters’ plight was remarkably well-thought.

Bridgerton fans are trying to judge whether Lady Featherington is a good momma or not.

 

Perhaps, Lady Featherington is being a mother in a way she knows best and how.

 

I’m not a mother, but after watching Bridgerton Season 2, I was also left pondering if Lady Featherington is indeed a good momma. I cannot wholly judge her because it is not my place to do so.

  

If anyone who has read this post is a mother and has watched the Bridgerton series, or if you are a Bridgerton fan and Lady Featherington got into your nerves, I'm interested to know your thoughts on this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate Ripped Jeans

 I mean, the exaggerated ones Photo by  Nadine Shaabana  on  Unsplash I came from a private Catholic school where decency, especially elegance is constantly observed and strictly imposed. We were not allowed to wear clothes that reveal slight skin or navel, flamboyant earrings, make-up, and torn jeans. We were trained and always reminded to be simple but elegant at the same time. My classmates hated the proper dress code and taught it hilarious and too formal. I’m fine with the school’s rules and regulations though. It’s no big deal for me so I just followed through, except with sleeveless tops because I also want to show a bit of skin on my shoulders and arms sometimes, sorry. I hate ripped jeans not only as a result of coming from a conservative school but because I also understood the importance of being decent-looking. If others find ripped jeans cool, I find them cheap. I believe anyone can be cool even without conforming to the fashion trend of shabbiness. Personally, elegance we

This Is Why Cheaters Don't Deserve Forgiveness

    Photo by Keira Burton on Pexels I was asked, “ Can you forgive a cheater?” Love indeed makes people do stupid things like forgiving a cheater. Yes, it is ridiculous. And no, I don’t think cheaters deserve forgiveness from the person they cheated on. Forgiveness is not easy.  Girls, let me tell you this: Cheaters are not entitled to your mercy and forgiveness. Cheaters are never guilty of what they did because they only think of their happiness and pleasure. Some people were confused: what if the cheater was sorry for what he did? Girl, he shouldn’t have hurt you in the first place if he did love you. Some guys only realize their mistake once done. They may feel guilty, but they feel good about it. Undoubtedly, he might do it again.  Yet, if you wish to accept him back into your life, my unsolicited advice would be: better not. You cannot be friends with him or anything. Ditch your memories of him. Do not let him return to your life. He doesn’t deserve you. Or, even if he has no pla